This tutorial will demonstrate on the usage of Eclipse XML tools to generated Geronimo specific deployment plans.
To run this tutorial, as a minimum you will be required to have installed the following prerequisite software.
- Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5)
- Eclipse 184.108.40.206 (Eclipse Classic package of Europa distribution), which is platform specific
- Apache Geronimo v2.1.3
Details on installing eclipse are provided in the Development environment section. This tutorial is organized in the following sections:
This tutorial will take you with the following steps:
- Geronimo schema can be found <GERONIMO_HOME>/schema. Copy all these schema to a folder say geronimoschema.
- Add the following XML catalog file to this folder and zip it. This will give you geronimoschema.zip
- Launch Eclipse and select New->Project as shown in the figure.
- On the next screen select General->Project. Select Next.
- Name the project as geronimoschema and Select Finish.
- Under Project explorer right click on geronimoschema project and select Import.
- Select General->Archive File. Select Next.
- On the next screen Browse to geronimoschema.zip created in step #2.
- Once done select Finish.
- Under the geronimoschema project you can see all the schema definitions.
- Next select Window->Preferences from Eclipse menu.
- On the next window select Web and XML->XML Catalog. Select Advanced.
- On the next window select GeronimoSchema.xmlcatalog. Select Ok.
- On the next screen expand User Specified Entries and you can see all the geronimo specific schema definitions. Select Ok.
- For the next steps we will consider the Stateless Session Bean project.
- Consider the Few More Configurations section in the above tutorial where you have to add a dependency element for database pool.
- In StatelessSessionEJB select ejbModule->META-INF->openejb-jar.xml. Right click and select Open With->XML Editor.
- Once you have the openejb-jar.xml select Design tab.
- Right click and select *Add Child->dependencies.
- Right click on sys:dependencies select Add Child->dependency.
- Right click on sys:dependency select Add Child->groupId.
- You can edit the fields by double clicking against each fields.
- Once done open the source tab you can see the dependency element added to openejb-jar.xml.
This completes the illustration of using Eclipse xml tools for Apache Geronimo.