Tips for setting up Geronimo projects to use the genesis features:
- Each "complete project" under trunk/branches/tags MUST have a LICENSE and NOTICE file checked into svn that applies to the entire project.
- All other subprojects should not have LICENSE or NOTICE files. If the standard files are not sufficient due to inclusion of code under non-asl licenses or other reasons, the ADDITIONAL material to be appended to the standard LICENSE and NOTICE files should be put in src/main/appended-resources/META-INF/LICENSE and src/main/appended-resources/META-INF/NOTICE
- If for some reason correct legal files cannot be constructed in this way, the tools-maven-plugin:install-legal-files can be used to install explicitly constructed files.
- A DEPENDENCIES file will be constructed listing the transitive dependencies of the project, organization, and license.
- Sites go in http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/$artifactId/$version. This is divided up into $staging.siteURL/$siteId/$version
- In the root project for the site, set the siteId property to the artifactId of the project, such as "server" or "roller"
- In your settings.xml set staging.siteURL in the release profile and in another profile such as default. You can set these to different values for different purposes. The release location should be scp://people.apache.org/x1/home/your apache id/public_html/staging-site
- When building the site be sure to include the profile with the desired site location.
- Be sure the scm section of the root pom is correct.
- See the release process docs on the wiki for information about setting up your settings.xml.
- If your project follows the normal trunk/branches/tags layout no further configuration should be necessary.