|Home > Apache Geronimo Development > Index > Code guidelines on Web accessibility (Admin Console)|
A good start point on accessibility is here http://www.w3.org/WAI/. W3C has released a guideline years ago http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/. And a newer version is under development (for a long time) http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/.
Here is a short version that highlight the most relevant guidelines to Geronimo's Admin Console.
Web accessibility guidelines (short version)
1. Provide equivalent alternatives to auditory and visual content.
2. Don't rely on color alone.
3. Use markup and style sheets and do so properly.
4. Create tables that transform gracefully.
5. Ensure that pages featuring new technologies transform gracefully.
6. Provide context and orientation information.
7. Make all functionality operable through a keyboard interface.
8. Help users avoid mistakes and make it easy to correct mistakes that do occur.