Notas de Lanzamiento -- Apache Geronimo -- Versión 1.1.1
FALTA TRADUCCION ----------------------->
Home Page: http://geronimo.apache.org/
Mailing Lists: http://geronimo.apache.org/mailing.html
Source Code: http://geronimo.apache.org/svn.html
Bug Tracking: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO
You need a platform that supports the Sun JDK 1.4.2. CORBA support requires a
Sun Java 1.4.2 VM (specifically 1.4.2_08 or a higher 1.4.2_* release).
For users that do not require CORBA for their applications may also choose to use
Sun Java 1.5 VM.
Most testing has been done on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
Installing & Starting Geronimo
To install, simply unpack the .zip (Windows) or tar.gz (Unix) file containing
If you wish to modify the default ports that Geronimo will use, edit the file
Geronimo comes with batch and script files to control server start and stop
functions. To see usage examples simply type geronimo.bat or geronimo.sh
command as appropriate for your platform. It is necessary to set JAVA_HOME to
the copy of your Sun 1.4.2 JDK/JRE prior to executing the command.
Here is an example to set JAVA_HOME:
To see the available command options type:
The command will display help text instructing you as to how to start and stop
the Geronimo server.
If you prefer to start the server without a script file you can simply type:
java -jar <geronimo_home>/bin/server.jar
Once the server has started, you can access the Geronimo Administration Console
at http://localhost:8080/console/ . The default user name is "system" and the
default password is "manager".
Administration Console Security Configuration
The default administration user/password for the Geronimo Administration Console
and deployment tool is system/manager. You can change these defaults directly
from the Geronimo Administration Console by accessing Security -> Console Realm
and change the user name and password from the Console Realm Users portlet.
As an alternative, you can make the same changes by editing the
Geronimo comes with deploy scripts and batch files to deploy J2EE modules or
applications. You can use the scripts or simply invoke the executable jar by
running the following command (note that you need to start Geronimo first):
<geronimo_home>/bin/java -jar deployer.jar deploy my-web-app.war [deploy plan]
You will need to use the username "system" and password "manager" unless you
customized those during the install process. The deployment plan argument is
optional -- you can pack a deployment plan into the application module, provide
it on the command line, or in some cases omit it entirely.
You can also use the "Login" command once and avoid to enter user name and
password every time you use the deploy tool
For more information on the commands and options supported by the deploy tool,
run from within the Geronimo directory <geronimo_home>/bin:
java -jar deployer.jar help [command]
You can also graphically deploy applications and resources via the Geronimo
Administration Console available at http://localhost:8080/console/
Other Deployment Options
As an alternative to the command-line deployer, you can copy application
modules into the <geronimo_home>/deploy/ directory and the
hot deployer service will deploy them automatically. The command-line deployer
has some advantages, as it will output any
deployment errors to its own console rather than just the server log.
Additionally, Geronimo provides a Maven plugin that can deploy applications to
Geronimo as part of a Maven build.
Future Road Map at a Glance
(the above URL must be all on one line)
Significant Changes Since the 1.1 Release
Apache Geronimo 1.1.1 is mainly a bug-fix release, as such it addresses most of the
bugs reported from the 1.1 release. Along with these fixes, this release provides
improvements in usability such as:
* Ability to select multiple driver jars when defining data sources.
* Restored functionality for configuring certificates and managing the key store.
* Customized warning messages in the Geronimo Administration Console.
Choice of Web container
Two versions of the Geronimo binary are available for download. There is a
version for the Jetty Web container and a version for the Tomcat Web
container. Both distributions are fully supported by the Geronimo team.
Download the binary that is more appropriate for your environment.
Most configuration attributes can be updated in the
<geronimo_home>/var/config/config.xml file. The attributes most likely to be
changed are already included in the supplied config.xml file, while others may
need to be added manually.
Overall Project Status
Apache Geronimo v1.1 introduces several structural changes improving
scalability, portability and overall organization as well as including new
features and functionality. This release continues the J2EE certification path
led the previous version of Geronimo providing a fully compliant and usable
J2EE container suitable for everything from development to Enterprise
The next version of Geronimo is focused on several areas, including:
* Continue to enhance the performance and usability of the server.
* Improve cross-platform compatibility.
* Improve integration with third-party development tools and server products.
* Enhance configuration, administration and management tools.
* Improve clustering support for web containers and EJBs.
User feedback is critical for future released to be successful! The Geronimo
team is anxious to gather feedback to ensure we are meeting the needs and
expectations of the user community.
For more information on specific bugs or features, or to help with testing
efforts, please visit JIRA, our bug/issue tracking system, at
Geronimo 1.1.1 has passed the J2EE(tm) certification test suite and it is
officially J2EE certified.
Works In Progress
* Geronimo has two system properties that should not be modified by the user
even though they are visible in some property files. They are:
These are subject to change and will be documented in a future release
* The GERONIMO_HOME environment variable in the startup scripts is not
currently used and is subject to change in a future release.
Specific Issues, Features and Improvements fixed in Version 1.1.1
Release Notes - Geronimo - Version 1.1.1
* [GERONIMO-1182] - Connector portlet delete challenge
* [GERONIMO-1196] - Keystore portlet: Viewing trusted certificate results in an error
* [GERONIMO-1445] - Allow deployment and use of exploded EAR modules
* [GERONIMO-1476] - Changes to default log4j.rootCategory are not dynamic
* [GERONIMO-1492] - Many "org/apache/geronimo" configIds still live in source tree
* [GERONIMO-1582] - NPE for EJB webservices.xml with bad <jaxrpc-mapping-file>
* [GERONIMO-1596] - Repeated interface in JMS connection factory plan causes deployment failure
* [GERONIMO-1695] - CORBA for EJB with Local interface only causes NPE
* [GERONIMO-1703] - ServerInfo.getBaseDirectory() returns null
* [GERONIMO-1791] - LDAP Security Realm created via Console can fail deployment
* [GERONIMO-1817] - "Test a Login" while adding LDAP Realm fails with NullPointerException
* [GERONIMO-1906] - Cannot add a new connector using ActiveMQManagerGBean
* [GERONIMO-1917] - repository doesn't deal well with case insensitive file systems
* [GERONIMO-1959] - Console: plugin % complete shoudl reset to 0 while preparing a download
* [GERONIMO-1960] - Bad GBean reference isn't caught during deployment
* [GERONIMO-1967] - /remote-deploy url link throws Error 404.
* [GERONIMO-1984] - New Keystore portlet - Add Trust Certificate throws exception
* [GERONIMO-1996] - Error during deployment may result in files not being cleaned up properly
* [GERONIMO-2007] - Avoid Classloader warnings generated by BasicProxyManager
* [GERONIMO-2072] - Client-Deployer config is using wrong/hardcoded commons-primitives version
* [GERONIMO-2076] - Must edit config.xml to provide custom plugin install source
* [GERONIMO-2087] - MimeUtility.encodeWord()/encodeText() have some errors.
* [GERONIMO-2091] - MimeBodyPart.getFileName() not retrieving name from the Content-Disposition header
* [GERONIMO-2093] - Console database pool always gets NPE on deploy
* [GERONIMO-2102] - Cannot deploy portlet WAR outside of console EAR
* [GERONIMO-2117] - Remove deployer-log4j.properties files - they are no longer used
* [GERONIMO-2120] - Can't have ejb references outside current config. ClassCastException on org.openejb.proxy.ProxyInfo
* [GERONIMO-2125] - Classpath entries in the web app archive META-INF/MANIFEST.MF are not added to the wep app class path
* [GERONIMO-2134] - Shutdown error in ConfigurationClassLoader on Java 5
* [GERONIMO-2136] - Remove About icon and about page from console
* [GERONIMO-2138] - Configuration jsp-examples-tomcat includes Jetty dependencies
* [GERONIMO-2142] - EJB Refs to EJB in parent module often fail
* [GERONIMO-2145] - NPE in Maven1Repository
* [GERONIMO-2146] - GBeanOverride ignores reference name when saving if artifact is not set
* [GERONIMO-2160] - Can't install a J2EE connector plugin
* [GERONIMO-2164] - Creating SQL- based security realm fails
* [GERONIMO-2169] - Once tagged, the m:co goal of tags/1.1.1 should checkout the corresponding tagged version of OpenEJB (not a branch)
* [GERONIMO-2170] - Tagged versions of Geronimo should not include people.apache.org/repository in their list of maven repositories
* [GERONIMO-2171] - some portions of a build still look at cvs.apache.org/repository
* [GERONIMO-2173] - Fix branches/1.1 (1.1.1-SNAPSHOT) build
* [GERONIMO-2182] - Add 1.1 schemas to web site
* [GERONIMO-2186] - Editing of Connection Pools other than Derby from console not working
* [GERONIMO-2194] - Eclipse project names not generated consistently
* [GERONIMO-2195] - SharedLib GBean fails to start if shared/lib and shared/classes dirs are missing
* [GERONIMO-2197] - NPE when the "edit" link is selected on the Security Realms console page
* [GERONIMO-2198] - CSSBean creates 2 unnecessary threads for every instance.
* [GERONIMO-2199] - Key portion of Geronimo-1145 appears have gotten lost.
* [GERONIMO-2200] - SMTP debug output echos portions of the output twice.
* [GERONIMO-2202] - Move to new Apache Maven 1 repo (repo/m1-snapshot-repository
* [GERONIMO-2208] - bad classpath in geronimo-deploy-jsr88-1.1.jar
* [GERONIMO-2218] - KeyStore portlet: Functionality missing from 1.0
* [GERONIMO-2222] - Application errors in static initialization blocks during serialization of configuration during deployment due to incorrect TCCL
* [GERONIMO-2228] - GeronimoAsMavenServlet.java generates wrong default-repository element
* [GERONIMO-2230] - No cleanup after DeploymentWatcher exception
* [GERONIMO-2234] - User can lock the default keystore without warning, making jetty server unusable
* [GERONIMO-2235] - Locking default keystore results in serialization error on tomcat termination
* [GERONIMO-2237] - Filtering of springframework.org in TomcatDeployer plan creates CNF Exceptions in Ears
* [GERONIMO-2238] - Can't copy a MultiParentClassLoader
* [GERONIMO-2240] - Memory leak in DWR memory viewer info screen in console
* [GERONIMO-2241] - Duplicate attributes created in config.xml for gbean
* [GERONIMO-2243] - GBean references do not trim space from interface names (ref-type)
* [GERONIMO-2247] - Apllications Portlets: "Restart" column does not alternate background color
* [GERONIMO-2252] - A locked key in a keystore can never be unlocked.
* [GERONIMO-2253] - No way to get information on a plugin you're about to install through the console
* [GERONIMO-2256] - update m:checkout goal to use http to checkout openejb
* [GERONIMO-2258] - Abstract/Maven repositories install modules incorrectly
* [GERONIMO-2259] - Redeploy fails when module is not running
* [GERONIMO-2260] - Plugin export process loses data
* [GERONIMO-2261] - Stopped module makes plugin eligible
* [GERONIMO-2269] - Error after redeploy (with no version in module ID)
* [GERONIMO-2270] - Redeploy broken in 1.1.1
* [GERONIMO-1037] - Clicking on "uninstall" link in Applications management pages deletes the configuration without any confirmation from user
* [GERONIMO-1524] - DB pool portlet should let you select multiple driver JARs
* [GERONIMO-1531] - KeyStore portlet should support deletion of certificates and private keys
* [GERONIMO-1557] - When you enter the url of a web service in the console You should get a page showing the service name
* [GERONIMO-1572] - Adjust the admin console app so that if the user does not have cookies enabled, the application presents a custom error page or popup
telling the user that cookies must be enabled (instead of allowing the browser to present a default 408 error page)
* [GERONIMO-1716] - Add usage of SimpleEncryption to PropertiesFileLoginModule and Admin Console
* [GERONIMO-2030] - Allow WebServiceBuilder determine if there are WebServices to be deployed
* [GERONIMO-2109] - Link to Console on Welcome application should be more prominent
** New Feature
* [GERONIMO-1865] - Add ability to restart and reload configurations
* [GERONIMO-2073] - Copyright date in the console needs to be updated
FALTA TRADUCCION <-----------------------