Apache Geronimo provides several tools for administering the server. These tools are available via command line and some via a Web based console. The Web based Geronimo console is explained in detail in the following section Introducing Geronimo Administration Console. The currently available command line tools are located in the <GERONIMO_HOME>/bin directory and are enumerated in the following list:
- client — The client script launches the client application container
- Command Geronimo Options — The following options can be set using GERONIMO_OPTS system variable so that the settings could take effect by the time of server startup.
- cxf-tools — The cxf-tools script is used to generate Web services
- deploy — The deploy script is used for installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, starting and stopping applications and modules
- geronimo — The geronimo script lets you perform two actions, that is start and stop the server in different modes depending on the parameters you specify
- GShell — GShell is an extensible, command-line processing environment for creating command-line applications
- jaxws-tools — The jaxws-tools script can be used to generate portable artifacts used in JAX-WS web services
- shutdown — The shutdown script stops the Apache Geronimo server
- start-server — The start-server script for Geronimo that starts Geronimo in the foreground.
- startup — The startup script starts the Apache Geronimo server in the background.
Although the tools name is self-explanatory, it may not be the same case with the tool's parameters. The following sections explain more in detail these tools and commands usage.