This tutorial will demonstrate the usage of Eclipse XML tools to generated Geronimo specific deployment plans.
We DO encourage users to leverage GEP for schema validation, because GEP has already integrated these schema files in its distribution package. The steps described in this article are only for your reference.
You might be experiencing certain XML validation problems when using Geronimo Deployment Plan Editor in Eclipse v3.5(Galileo), it's a known defect of the Xerces feature in WTP. Try the following workaround in Eclipse v3.5 to avoid the problem:
- In the toolbar, select Windows->Preferences
- Expand XML section, and then select XML Files->Validation
- Uncheck the Honour all the XML schema locations option, and then save all the changes.
To run this tutorial, as a minimum you will be required to have installed the following prerequisite software.
- Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5)
- Eclipse 3.4.1 (Eclipse Ganymede SR1 distribution)
- Apache Geronimo v2.2
Details on installing eclipse are provided in the Development environment section. This tutorial is organized in the following sections:
- Geronimo schema files can be found in <GERONIMO_HOME>/schema. Copy all these schema files to a folder say geronimoschema. Content of these files might be different by release.
- Add the following XML catalog file to this folder and zip it. This will give you a
- Launch Eclipse and select New->Project as shown in the figure.
- On the next screen select General->Project. Select Next.
- Name the project as geronimoschema and Select Finish.
- Under Project explorer right click on geronimoschema project and select Import. Then select General->Archive File. Select Next.
- On the next screen Browse to
geronimoschema.zip created in step #2. Once done select Finish.
- Under the geronimoschema project you can see all the schema definitions.
- Next select Window->Preferences from Eclipse menu.
- On the next window select XML->XML Catalog. Select User Specified Entries and click Add.
- On the next window click the icon beside Location and select workspace.
- Select GeronimoSchema.xmlcatalog. Select OK.
- Specify the key, for example, geronimoschema.
- On the next screen you can see geronimoschema listed.
- For the next steps we will consider the Stateless Session Bean project.
- Consider the Few More Configurations section in the above tutorial where you have to add a dependency element for database pool.
- In StatelessSessionEJB select ejbModule->META-INF->openejb-jar.xml. Right click and select Open With->XML Editor.
- Once you have the openejb-jar.xml select Design tab.
- You can edit the fields by double clicking against each fields.
- Once done open the source tab you can see the dependency element added to openejb-jar.xml.
This completes the illustration of using Eclipse xml tools for Apache Geronimo.