- Go through all samples related JIRAs. Clean up the jiras to set them closed or deferred.
- Update Geronimo version in samples root pom to align with the coming Geronimo server release.
There is a maven property called "geronimoVersion" defined in samples root pom. We need to update it to the corresponding geronimo version.
- Build and test the samples locally to ensure samples could be deployed as EAR and CAR
- Check license headers: create a profile with any name in root pom.xml, for example, none, and run mvn rat:check -Pnone, then check rat.txt under target folder
- Do samples release work
- mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true
Fix any problem via release dry run, and commit changes to svn
- mvn release:prepare
- mvn release:perform
- Logon Apache Nexus web site with committer ID and passowrd: https://repository.apache.org/index.html
Comment and close the staging repository so that we can vote on it.
- Raise a vote in mailing list: email@example.com
- Generate a new plugin catalog file "geronimo-plugins.xml" for samples.
- Manually update the catalog file by following the instructions at url -> https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-server-release-process.html
- Add the new plugin catalog file into svn repository at url -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/geronimo/content/plugins/
The changes will be automatically published to http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins
- Once release vote pass, you need to prepare a release message to publish to geronimo web site:
Notes: After you create gpg public/private key, and update public key to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/KEYS, you also have to update public key in file http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/KEYS, which should keep consistent with KEYS file in svn. http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/KEYS is updated from svn from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/geronimo/KEYS:
The updated KEYS file will be automatically synchronized to http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/KEYS.
Except this, upload your gpg public key to pgp.mit.edu website.
If not, when you close staging repository, there may be no public key error.