|Home > Documentation > Apache Geronimo Board Reports > Apache Geronimo Board Report - 2015-12 - December|
Apache Geronimo is an open source server runtime that integrates the best open
source projects to create Java/OSGi server runtimes that meet the needs of
enterprise developers and system administrators.
- We are concerned with our current level of community activity. Some discussions
were started about next-gen Geronimo effort. Work needs to be done to kickstart
the conversation of where the community would like to take the project.
- A release of JavaMail
- A release of XBean
- Some developers have come forward to offer new features and fixes to Apache Yoko
from the IBM WAS Liberty server. The smell of some fresh members is in the air!
## Health report:
- The project is a mature implementation of a mature technology. Given Geronimo's
size and complexity coming up to speed and finding a compelling bit to work on is
a daunting task, to say the least. A fresh re-write or re-org of components into
something that is compelling given contemporary sensibilities will likely spur
activity since it should open up some green field opportunities. The trick will be
to balance the re-write/re-org with keeping important core capabilities, e.g. OSGi;
we don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This fall is a good time
to start the discussion with hopes of beginning a fresh start in the new year.
- With that said, it should be pointed out that of the activity that occurs, it is
indicative of an engaged community.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 42 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Romain Manni-Bucau on Wed Aug 06 2014
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 69 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Hendrik Saly at Thu Oct 23 2014
- XBean 4.5
- geronimo-javamail_1.4 1.9.0-alpha-2
## Mailing list activity:
- 357 subscribers (down -4 in the last 3 months):
- 40 emails sent to list (79 in previous quarter)
- 9 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)
- 16 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 7 emails sent to list (3 in previous quarter)
- 34 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 1 emails sent to list (0 in previous quarter)
- 4 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)
- 452 subscribers (down -7 in the last 3 months):
- 10 emails sent to list (5 in previous quarter)
- 43 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)
- 99 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 5 emails sent to list (23 in previous quarter)
- 33 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 5 emails sent to list (12 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 5 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 2 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months